Sunday 26 February 2017

New Zealand- Week 4

Hello everyone!

I've been here for over a month. What? Where has the time gone? I feel like I've already done and seen so much.

This week was absolutely lovely. The sun was out all week and it was 25(75 F) and sunny. I started off the week with a long walk through the woods to a beautiful waterfall. Then another walk to another waterfall. There are a lot of waterfalls here, lots of elevation. Not like flat ass Kansas at all. 
I honestly can't get over how beautiful the landscape of this country is. Just driving through the hills is like being in a dream. It's stunning. I wish the pictures did it justice.

I went to my first assembly this week! The school has an assembly every Friday. They give out awards to different kids for different things. They even give out awards for having waste-free lunches, they call them waste-free warriors. I love how much New Zealand cares about the environment. Its a breath of fresh air. Literally. Mister Cohen got an award this week <3 For being such a smartie and giving insightful thoughts into class discussions. So proud! 

They sing their National Anthem at the assemblies and this week the music had a malfunction, it was so cool though because the kids stood there quietly and then stood up and sang the anthem A Cappella. It was honestly really moving. They not only sang their national anthem without music, but they sang it in Moari, the native peoples language. It was beautiful. 

Friday I went with Mel and the kiddos to Cornwall park, we had some snacks and then wandered around and took some pictures. They had a pasture with sheep and cattle, even baby and mommy cows together!! We spent like an hour trying to pet them, and finally one of the mommy cows let us pet her. haha. The kids were so cute trying to get close to the animals. 

I'm really enjoying my time here and I honestly can't say enough great things about my host family. I feel so comfortable and at home here. Ahhhh :)

Anyways, that's about it. I hope you all had a great week and I will check back in next week!

All my love,

Sidni












No comments:

Post a Comment