Saturday 18 February 2017

New Zealand- Week 3

WHHHAAADUPPPP GUYS

So week three has been super wet. Not the good kind either. Rain out the ass. It literally rained for six days straight. All day, all night, never-ending rain. It was cool at first, but as the days continued the depression started kicking in. I WANT SUNSHINE! Finally yesterday, the sun broke through the clouds and It was a lovely Saturday. Woo freakin hoo. Tony told me, and I quote "I've never seen a week of straight rain in February in my entire life"... Just my luck right?? Oh well, Its still pretty here and I got to use the dryer for the first time so thats my silver lining.

So I live in a suburb of Auckland called Mount Albert.. because get this, they have a volcanic mount named Mount Albert. Anyways, so despite the never ending rain, I climbed it. It was a very short climb I have to say, but it was a great view from the top, you could see the city and the ocean(which is a beautiful blue color). Then I got back in the car and drove on the left side of the road to a vegan bakery... I had my first donut in years, it was raspberry filled and absolutely delicious. Hands down best vegan baked good I've had :) Then I had a nice little grocery shopping trip, the tax is already added into everything they sell here, so if a loaf of bread is 3 dollars, its actually 3 dollars, no tax change to add in at the end. Its wonderful. America needs to step it up.

Yesterday I went with a group of girls to the Auckland museum and the Wintergarden which is right next door. The museum was very interesting. They had a lot of Moari(They're natives) relics, wood carvings, weapons, and such. They had a volcano room where there was a little house you could go into that simulated what it was like when a Volcano erupted in Auckland a while back. There's a Volcano underneath Auckland that becomes active every few hundred to a thousand years. Pretty broad time range they've given us, those scientists *rolls eyes* So I'm hoping it won't decide to wake up and party while I'm here.

The top floor of the museum is dedicated to the soldiers who fought for NZ in WWI. They had all the names of their fallen soldiers inscribed on the walls and some beautiful stained glass windows in tribute. It's always very heartbreaking to see all the death and tragedy that we have and continue to put ourselves through as humans. I hope one day John Lennon can look down and smile at his imagined world of peace.

We walked through the gardens, climbed a big tree, all that fun stuff...

P.S. The bird in the picture is a Kiwi bird. Its native to NZ, thats why they call the people who live here Kiwis.

Anyways, you can enjoy the photos and Ill see you all next week.

Sidni

















No comments:

Post a Comment