Thursday 9 March 2017

New Zealand- Week 6

Hello!

So, if you haven't seen on Facebook yet, I went surfing last weekend. It was incredible. A group of us Au Pair girls took a little road trip down to Raglan for a two day surf package at this cute little hippy hostel. The first day we had a lesson with a couple of instructors and then hit the beach where they helped us catch some waves, which I did successfully! I even caught some all by myself and rode the last wave of the day in. I was honestly super surprised, I didn't think I would even be able to stand up on the board let alone stay on it. 

After that the hostel had a "barn" party. Everyone dressed up in funny outfits and exactly how it sounds, partied in a barn. It was fun. I was DJ for a little while until it became too stressful and I pawned that duty off on someone else. 

Despite the partying until 2 AM. We got up at 7, got ready and hit the beach. The second day was where champions were made. It was quite a rainy/windy day so the current in the sea was really strong and the waves were just brutal. We had fun watching each other eat shit and taking pictures of it, haha. We then stopped by Whale Bay on our way out of town. It was beautiful. Thats why I made it my profile picture, that and Mel told me I should change it because in her words "How does your poor mom feel when she talks to you on messenger and you're flipping her off?" haha. 

March first started Autumn in New Zealand, so this weeks weather has been pretty changing. The last two days have been incredibly windy. I woke up to my doors to the balcony shaking last night. It was terrifying. I jumped out of bed ready to attack someone! Its been a good week other than that. I learned the National Anthem!! In Maori and English, so be prepared to listen to me sing it when I get back. Its beautiful really. 

So Hazel decided this week that she wanted a more grown up room. No more toys or pink girly stuff. I took almost everything out of her room up to the toy room, and I have to say her room looks great. We added lots of plants and grown up decor. Its quite adult for a seven year old girl. She's so cute though, she was so excited about it. We also worked on our scrapbooks together and even Francie joined in! (: 

I hope you all had just as awesome of a week and Ill see you soon!

All my love
Sidni























No comments:

Post a Comment